From 1949 until 1975 Ledcameroch was occupied as staff residences. The following are further extracts from the article by Dr Blodwen Lloyd which was published in the R.C.S.T. Newsletter, Volume 2, No. 1, Winter 1959 :
“The house stands four square on a gentle eminence slopping away to the south in a series of terraced lawns. It is approached from Ledcameroch Road by a sigmoid driveway so deeply hedged that the house is concealed until the last dramatic moment of emergence.
The various lawns, the rose garden and their walks are shielded by rhododendrons which in their turn bank on to shrubbery and a woodland, through which the Ledcameroch Burn runs to the south. To the north are a range of greenhouses which show their age, but which are still capable of yielding tomatoes and early lettuces from the peach house, the melon pit and the vinery. The kitchen garden of one acre is now parcelled out among the tenants who at weekends don their disguises and till their allotted portions.”
Further information about Dr Lloyd’s eventful life is available online. Her biography is at Glasgow Natural History – Dr Blodwen Lloyd